Monday, May 7, 2018

April Activities

This first event actually took place in March, but I didn't receive the picture until April.  I volunteer at the Ronald McDonald House in Orange and every year they have a Volunteer Appreciation Party for all of the volunteers that have helped out during the previous year.  They took this picture during the registration process.  David commented that they cut his head off, but I told him it was the frame and not the picture so he figured he cut his own head off!


Kyleigh loves to swim and so do her other grandparents so when the weather's nice, that's what they do.  Looks like they had fun in these pictures! 

 
 
 
 
 Our church and school inaugurated a new event this year specifically for fourth and fifth graders.  It was called The Summit and took place at the Lutheran High School in South County.  This is the group that went from our church.  The best part?  They got to have ice cream for breakfast! (Kyleigh's the one in the light blue baseball cap.

Another new event for fourth and fifth graders this month was After Dark.  I've posted about Kids Night Out (KNO) before and this is held at the same time.  There'd been a noticeable drop in attendance by these older children so they changed things up!  The older kids ate pizza and then went to Camelot before coming back to learn and play.  This is the only picture I found of Kyleigh and I'm not sure what they're doing, but some of the other pictures showed trash bags filled with something to make them kind of round.


At one point this month, Kyleigh was missing eight teeth, four on top and four on the bottom surrounding her front teeth.  I asked for a picture and this is what Janice sent me.  According to Kyleigh, she could fit a baby carrot in the holes.

 
 
These next pictures were all taken the Sunday the fourth graders sang in church.  The first two are of the kids singing.
 
I make Kyleigh stand and pay attention during the singing and prayers, but allow her to play with my phone after we've taken communion since we sit near the front.  (She goes to Kids Church during the message.)  Normally, she just plays games on it, but lately, she's been messaging her mom or my sister and taking selfies.  She actually took several, but this was the best picture of me; I wish she was smiling though.
Janice works in the church nursery at all the weekend services and most special services, too.  Kyleigh is now old enough to help out with the smaller kids.  Here she is all dressed up to help.  


2 comments:

Stitching Noni said...

I see one very proud Grandma :o)

Tiffstitch said...

Great photos!