Sunday, May 13, 2018

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of the mothers out there had a good Mother's Day with time to do what you enjoy!

My Mother's Day was definitely a good one.  It started with church in the morning which meant I got to spend a little time with Kyleigh.

In the afternoon, we went to the Ronald McDonald House to bake cupcakes.  This hadn't been planned, but when I was there on Friday, I found out that the bakers signed up for today had cancelled because they belatedly realized that it was Mother's Day.  I called Janice and she agreed to bake this afternoon.

We made 72 cupcakes (a few didn't make it to the display!): 24 red velvet with cream cheese frosting; 24 chocolate with chocolate frosting and 24 golden butter (yellow) with strawberry frosting.  We all worked and had fun together.  Kyleigh discovered the televisions while the cupcakes were baking and decided to desert us, but she didn't go too far since there was a TV in the dining area.  We've decided to sign up again next year since it was a great way to spend time together.

 
My evening ended with a steak dinner at one of our favorite restaurants.  We were really surprised that it wasn't very crowded, but maybe the crowd was there for lunch instead of dinner.

No comments: