Wednesday, May 2, 2018

WIP Wednesday - 05/02/2018

Again, I didn't do as much stitching as I normally do, but I did get quite a bit accomplished.

First, I continued working on Let's Hug a Teacher and I thought it was finished, but in the end I decided the teacher's name was too small so I'll fix that tonight and post the actual finish tomorrow.
As of 4/25/2018
As of 5/2/2018
I also continued working on Spring 2018 for WOCS, but only stitched on it for four days, because I needed to make sure I got the teacher sampler done.  I would have gotten more done, but I ended up ripping out almost the whole section on the left side because I had the hoop turned the wrong way.
As of 4/25/2018

I'm also participating in Stitch Maynia for the first time this year.  This is a SAL on the Stitch Maynia Facebook Group where you originally started a different project each day in May.  Over the years, it's been modified to pretty much do your own thing as long as it involves starts or WIP stitching for at least some of May.

One of the persons in the group asked if they could start the Advent Animals SAL by Brooke's Books and start a new animal each day.  This got me thinking.  I'd already done nine of the animals so I decided to start the rest, one day a day. That should take me to May 16th. 

This is the most recent picture I have of the whole project, but I've also done #4 (Duncan Dog) and 10 (Sheila Sheep).
Day 1 Start (Hattie Hedgehog)
Day 2 Start (Fitzwilliam Frog
As a side note, I've decided to stop my rotation for the month of May.  I'll continue working on my small project, but my big project will be the Advent Animals until they're all started.  I also have a couple of obligation stitches that need to be worked on so I'll work on those the rest of May.

No comments: